Thursday, January 28, 2010

My View point on Gun control

My viewpoint on gun control stems from gun shows, I read an article called The Facts about Gun Shows which was published Jan 10,200, in the article they talk about “ persons selling firearms have been required to obtain a federal firearms license.” This also applies to gun shows, however if you are not a licensed gun dealer and you have a gun that you wish to sale you can do this with out having federal firearms license. So that means if you or I wish to sale a fire arm, we can put an ad in the paper and sale it without having to obtain a federal license, or contact the FBI. So we could also go to a gun show and sell the gun out of the back of our car if we wished because we are only selling one gun. The problem that I ran into while researching gun shows is that the article The Facts about Gun Shows provides statistics that say that “in a study of youthful offenders in Michigan only 3 percent of the youth in the study had acquired their last hand gun from a gun show” I am not sure how far I will be able to go with this point of view, so I think I would also like to somewhat concentrate on the Second Amendment, which states, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, because I feel a lot of people misunderstand exactly what that mean, and why it is important to read the whole Amendment and not just focus on those 10 words.
Kopel, David B. "The Facts about Gun Shows." The Cato Institute. January 10, 2000. 28 Jan 2010 http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=4835

1 comment: